Your big day can run a lot smoother with less anxiety if you’ll follow a few time tested suggestions. Save time and headaches with our 10 Fundamental Wedding Tips.
- Wedding Specific Email – Create a separate email account specifically for your wedding planning information. After the event, you can cancel the email account and avoid being bombarded by the inevitable spam in your personal account.
- Meeting Of The Minds – Communication is the key to a smooth wedding event. Meet with all of your vendors ahead of time so they understand your expectations, time frames and locations.
- Eat – Sounds simple enough, but many get so caught up in the excitement of the day and forget to take care of themselves. Start your wedding day with healthy and filling nourishment. Since most brides and grooms don’t get to enjoy the meal served at the reception, you really should consider having something to eat before the wedding. After all, you don’t want to be highlighted on Americas Funniest Home Videos.
- Get A Time Keeper – Even if you can’t afford to hire a wedding planner, keep your event on track with an itinerary and a point person assigned to keep things moving.
- A Contract Protects Your Interests – Get all of your vendor service agreements in writing, in the form of a standard contract. Spell out exactly what you want and don’t want when you make the bookings. Don’t wait until the wedding day to make major changes.
- Location, Location, Location – Your wedding location sets the tone for the entire wedding. Start by asking what style and mood you want, then choose a location to match.
- Planning Key To Calm Wedding – Keep your wedding planning on schedule and your stress level to a minimum with a handy checklist. Working your plan gives you the confidence everything is going to work out.
- Hire A Chef – An experienced caterer is worth their weight in gold. They can deal with all of your catering needs and make it look easy simply because they’ve been there before and know how to avoid problems. Another advantage is that there are professionals available in every budget range and food interest.
- Keep Your Song List Simple – Write down 6-10 must play songs and 5-7 don’t play songs. This way all of your guests will feel comfortable with the playlist.
- Relax and Have Fun – This is your day. The last thing you want is to be stressed out. Let your professional vendors handle the hard stuff so you can enjoy your day.